Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our little bit of calm in the holiday rush - the nature table


It seems everywhere I look, people are in a hurry during this holiday season, myself occasionally included. To say the rhythm of our days has been disrupted is an understatement as I work more hours and we are about to plunge deep into gift wrapping and card mailing. I have managed to keep it simple and true in one small, but very special place in our home, our nature table.
I have several things we could have put on it, but as the children and I decorated it, it was obvious that more would be, well, just more. So here we have it; a blue playsilk we dyed this past summer, 2 pinecones from out west, a wood bowl with shiny prized rocks that the 2-year old often places around baby Jesus, a watercolor of the magi bringing baby Jesus gifts, and a terra cotta creche. The creche is for the children to touch, hold and play with, giving us the opportunity to talk about the baby Jesus. Our nature table stands as a simple, quiet reminder of what Christmas is truly all about: The Devine.

1 comment:

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!