Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Sister, My Friend

Today, my younger sister left for home after spending a week at our house. We had such a wonderful time together! One day we had High Tea with my mom and youngest son and enjoyed tasty morsels and wonderful tea, another day, we met with my neice and her two little boys at Longwood Gardens and reveled in the lovely flowers welcoming spring.





She is a fun nanny to two girls and a superb crafter, so I introduced her to some Waldorf-inspired crafts:


Our Saint Patrick Peg People



Beautiful Paper Stars



Star Lantern Aglow



Her Welcome Sign

My boys love her so much that they call her "Grand" Patti - a step above "Aunt" Patti.

We are not only close sisters, but good friends, despite an 8 year difference. We finish each other's sentences and sound so much alike that as infants my boys turned their heads in her direction when she spoke, thinking it was me. Don't even try to beat us in charedes! We both dream of travel, art, and heaven. We are both lovers of nature, books, and classical music.

I am blessed to have such a delightful life-long friend whom I call "sister."

2 comments:

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!