Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

In my family May Day has often been one in which we recognize the beauty of spring and the renewal of nature. I remember a few times, taking fresh cut flowers to neighbors. Somewhere amid the archives of Harding University, there are some incriminating photos of myself and 19 other girls dancing in formal dances around a maypole. Even today, my sweet younger sister sent me a flowery May Day greeting via text.

Although we did not manage to take flowers to our neighbors or make a fruit flower boquet as I had hoped, we did add a maypole to our nature table to remind us of the celebration of Life.








Wishing you a very Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!